Why should you volunteer?
If you’d like to give back to your community by assisting people faced with an end-of-life illness or their families, we’d like you to consider volunteering for Northern Illinois Hospice. Special training or skills are not required for many of the volunteer opportunities – just a willingness to serve and the desire to become a part of something challenging and fun.
The Northern Illinois Hospice Volunteer Program works with you to match your interests, talents and availability with patient, family and agency needs. Contact us today to learn more.
Northern Illinois Hospice volunteers are known and valued for being:
In the eyes of Northern Illinois Hospice clinical staff, our volunteers are highly respected co-workers, active in:
- Patient and Family Services, providing direct support to hospice patients and their caregivers
- Agency-wide activities, including committee and board work, outreach and education, events, fundraising, and administrative support
- Special Programs, such as “We Honor Veterans,” art and music, cosmetology services, and bereavement
Do you have:
- Talents or skills to share?
- Ongoing availability?
- Time and energy for a one-time event or project?
Our programs and activities are diverse and so are our volunteers. We will work with you!
Our volunteers say, “Yes, I can…”
- make time to give a caregiver a break
- bake cookies
- do office filing, enter data, and stuff packets
- make lap blankets and knitted stuffed animals for patients to hold and cuddle
- tend a garden or mow a patient’s lawn
- help maintain the office building
- chop vegetables for a family’s meal
- meet and greet at an event
- talk about hospice care, something "I believe in"
- listen and be a friend
- record patients’ stories for the family to cherish
Join Our Volunteer Program & Community
Become a part of something meaningful, challenging and fun.