Website NILHospice Northern Illinois Hospice
First in Caring for Life's Final Months
LSW or LCSW (Required)
**Sign on Bonus**
Northern Illinois Hospice is a trusted and growing agency. Founded in 1979, we were the first hospice agency in our region and one of the first 50 in the nation. We are looking for exceptional people to join our exceptional team. People who want to make a difference in the community and in the lives of others. The end of life can be accompanied by feelings of loss and isolation, and the Northern Illinois Hospice team is dedicated to ensuring that the transition is filled with dignity, comfort, and peace. We are dedicated to doing this not only for our patients but for their families and loves ones as well.
We are seeking a dedicated part-time Care Navigator / Social Worker with the highest standards of excellence, who seeks the opportunity to work for an employer that’s the leader in patient-focused, team-based hospice care and committed to creating a culture of excellence
This position is a medical social worker responsible for the implementation of standards of care for medical social work services to Northern Illinois Hospice patients and families. Primary duties include:
- Assesses the psychsocial status of patients and families/caregivers related to the patient’s terminal illness and environment and communicates findings to the registered nurse and other members of the interdisciplinary group (IDG).
- Carries out social evaluations and plans intervention based on evaluation findings. Counsels patient ad family/caregivers as needed in relationship to stress, and other identified coping difficulties.
- Maintains clinical records on all patient referred to social work. Provides information and referral services for patients and families/caregivers regarding practical and environmental needs.
- Serves as a liaison between patient and families and community agencies.
Education: Master of Social Work degree required.
Training and Licensure: Licensed Social Worker in the State of Illinois required.
Experience: Minimum of one year’s experience in health care, hospice experience preferred. Understands hospice philosophy, and issues of death/dying.
Knowledge/Skills/Ability: Ability to work independently, make accurate, and at times, quick judgments. Ability to respond appropriately to crisis in a community setting. Acceptance of and adaptability to different social, racial, cultural, and religious modes. Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
Northern Illinois Hospice supports our employees’ wellbeing and regularly benchmarks with other companies in our industry to offer an extensive Total Reward package for this position. Salary will be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Starting at $60,128.45
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
- Master’s (Required)
- LSW or LCSW (Required)
Work Location: On the road