RN Supervisor/Clinical Supervisor
Full Job Description
Are you a Registered Nurse Team Lead in DeKalb County with the highest standards of excellence, seeking the opportunity to work for an employer that’s the leader in patient-focused, team-based hospice care and committed to creating a culture of excellence? Join the hospice that was first to provide exceptional, end of life care in our community. We are currently seeking a FT- RN Team Leader.
Job Summary: The role is 60% people development and 40% administrative. A working, field supervisor, the Team Leader is in the patient setting with direct reports teaching and inspecting what is expected, making sure 100% of staff are performing Model Visits 100% of the time. Duties also include coordinating all aspects of patient care within the team consistent with Northern Illinois Hospice policies and procedures. Ensuring a first-rate Northern Illinois Hospice experience by checking in with patients and family members. This is also accomplished meetings with facility staff, assisting with in-services, and attending occasional care plan meetings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Adheres to organizational policies and procedures.
· Follows infection control policies and procedures; utilizing PPE as required.
· Follows building protocol.
· Attends mandatory education in-services and meetings.
· Maintains confidentiality according to HIPAA requirements of patient and family regarding disease/diagnosis, financial, and other information obtained during employment.
· Abiding by agency proprietary confidential information policy.
· Demonstrate the Model visit on each visit encounter.
· Follows safety education including physical ergonomics.
· Maintains personnel and professional boundaries.
· Provides accurate, timely documentation, pertinent, and complete data in the electronic medical record, according to documentation guidelines.
· Teaches and upholds Northern Illinois Hospice’s standards with a focus on “I Am a Teacher,” perfect documentation, perfect visits, perfect communication, exceptional customer service and teamwork, and professionalism. acts as a clinical practice expert/resource to staff.
· Manages the RNs, LPNs, CNAs, Social Workers, Hospice Chaplain/Spiritual Counselors, Dietitian, and complementary therapists who care for our patients and their family members in their personal residences and in a facility setting.
· Develops and coach staff, full accountability for the home team budget, and creating an excellent team.
· Provides direct and daily supervision to the team, going out with their team members to provide oversight and support to meet Northern Illinois Hospice standards and policy.
· Performs initial, annual, and periodic field competency visits with direct reports with focus on infection control, quality, and safety.
· Participates in audits to ensure regulatory and agency compliance (e.g. chart audits, skills competency, etc.). Focus made on quality and safety in all work.
· Actively manages team’s day-to-day operations, including performance, budget, utilization, and quality assessment/improvement processes and methodologies. Immediately addresses and corrects performance outside the standards.
· Manages team’s direct care and documentation from Admission to discharge to ensure IDG effectiveness. Coordinates team’s IDG meetings demonstrating excellent communication and teaching skill.
· Proactively manages to prevent service failure with patient/family/facilities, ensuring immediate customer service recovery.
· Monitors scheduling and ensures all team’s on-call hours are covered appropriately.
· Responsible for timely annual and ongoing evaluations of all team members
· Documents performance and addresses issues immediately.
· Assists in the screening and interviewing process and makes recommendations.
· Participates in new employee orientation ensuring completeness and competency, with complete paperwork turned into Human Resources.
· Assists with standards training upon orientation and annually.
· Participates in clinical administration on-call (AOC)as assigned.
· Participates in clinical on-call rotation as assigned.
· Backs up other Team Leaders as needed.
· Collaborates with Director of Clinical Services, Hospice Medical Director and other clinical managers regarding patient care and ways to benefit the team, fellow departments, and the agency.
· Closely collaborates with Facility Liaison to ensure optimal facility relationship management, collaboration, education, service/program assessment and implementation, service recovery, and communication (as defined in the Facility Communication Policy).
Education: Registered Nurse required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred. Registered Nurse with Hospice or home health experience preferred with two years in management or supervision required.
Training and Licensure: Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse (CHPN) preferred (obtained within 2 years of employment). Certified Pain Resource Nurse preferred. CPR certification or completion of course within three months
Knowledge/Skills/Ability: Possesses the skills/experience necessary for the job. Reliable and punctual. Knowledge of Conditions of Participation and LCD’s preferred. Excellent observation, clinical judgment, and interpersonal communication skills. Strong time management skills and flexibility to adapt to a changing environment. Ability to organize and prioritize workload independently. Ability to meet work deadlines as assigned. Ability to coordinate meeting with a complete agenda, timeframe, and framework for follow up responsibilities. Strategic thinking, planning skills, and the ability to interpret regulations and laws and communicate information. High energy, achievement-oriented, self-directed, motivated, and passionate about developing staff to provide exceptional end-of-life care. Excellent customer service, and verbal & written communication. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrate professional presence, appearance, and positive supportive behaviors with all points of contact.
Experience: Facility experience preferred. Proven ability to manage a team.
Other: Local residence with ability to respond to on-call within 30 minutes. Meets agency requirements for criminal background check.
If you have experience with managing a medical interdisciplinary team, we want to hear from you.
We offer a competitive salary & benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- One location
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org