- Full Time
- Rockford, IL
The Resource Nurse will focus on quality and safety, promoting a model of continuous learning through participation in education, consultation, role modeling, and research. This position will collaborate in the implementation, planning, and evaluation of orientation, in-services, competencies, and continuing education programs. The Resource Nurse will assist in the certification process and the adherence to industry standards and will facilitate and support learning opportunities within the organization and throughout the healthcare community and the community-at-large. The Resource Nurse will assist with the development of course content and materials used by staff, caregivers, referring providers and community partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides education in accordance with JCAH and professional standards with a focus on the Northern Illinois Hospice’s standard of “I Am a Teacher”.
- Provides education focusing on the model visit including perfect documentation, perfect visits, perfect communication, exceptional customer service and teamwork in an atmosphere of professionalism.
- Participates in community education, and student orientation.
- Provides education in competencies to include but not limited to PPE, handwashing, care plans, and infection control practices.
- Functions as a resource to staff to maintain quality of care and safety.
- Maintains current knowledge of federal, state, local, and agency regulatory guidelines and agency policies. (seems like the same as above statement)
- Assists in the development of curriculum to facilitate education of new staff and volunteers during the orientation process within our organization.
- Collaborates with the healthcare community and the community at-large to assist in the ongoing education of hospice care and services, thru workshops, in-services, and community programs.
- Implements the Northern Illinois Hospice’s CEU program.
- Develops educational needs assessment tools as directed to identify areas where additional training or enhancement of the current learning program is needed for staff and volunteers.
- BSN required. Masters preferred.
- Current IL nursing license
- At least one (1) year experience in hospice nursing
- Experience precepting, mentoring and educating others.
- Joint Commission experience in a hospice environment preferred.
- Certified in Hospice and Palliative Nursing (CHPN), or relevant specialty clinical certification required within two (2) years of hire
- Supervisory and administrative experience preferred.
- Knowledge of guidelines governing hospice participation and care, preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Public speaking experience preferred.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm; occasional afterhours attendance may be required. Participates in AOC on-call rotation.