Hospice RN, Case Mgr – Sign-on Bonus
Are you a Registered Nurse with the highest standards of excellence, seeking the opportunity to work for an employer that’s the leader in patient-focused, team-based hospice care and committed to creating a culture of excellence? Join the hospice that was first to provide exceptional, end of life care in our community. We are currently seeking a FT- Hospice RN, Case Manager.
This is responsible for supervising, coordinating, monitoring, and following the plan of care for assigned patients. Case Manager provides nursing care, education and support to the patient/family and/or caregivers. You will also promote professional integrity, and participate in an interdisciplinary team.
Hospice RN, Case Manager Responsibilities:
- Implements and coordinates plan of care. Assesses the patient’s physical and emotional condition.
- Updates Care Plans as needed.
- Educates Patient/Family/Caregiver/Nursing Home Staff on administration of medication,
- Symptom management and pain control as directed by physicians and Northern Illinois Hospice’s protocol when applicable.
- Records observation of reactions and any side effects of medications.
- Educates patient/caregiver on proper and safe use of durable medical equipment and oxygen administration.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of local, state and federal laws impacting upon the practice of nursing in the Hospice setting.
- Maintains Standard Precautions and uses necessary personal protective equipment, in order to maintain a safe environment in conjunction with OSHA regulations.
- Completes, submits, and maintains all required documentation in a timely and accurate manner according to policy, including but not limited to, Visit Reports, Care Plans, IDT Reports; Travel and Mileage Logs.
- Collaborates with primary physician on an ongoing basis to ensure optimal symptom control and continuity of care plan.
- Actively participates in re certification process by verifying dates of benefit periods, facilitating appointments with primary physician as needed, and submitting required documentation in a timely manner for review by Medical Director or designee.
- Participates in nursing on-call rotation.
Hospice RN, Case Manager Experience Required:
- Minimum Associates Degree in Nursing; Nursing Diploma, BSN preferred.
- Current Professional Registered Nurse license issued by the Illinois Board of Nursing.
- One year of Medical/Surgical, Oncology, or Hospice Nursing experience.
- CPR Certification required.
- Must have a valid Drivers’ License, maintain current auto insurance coverage and have access to a reliable automobile.
We offer a competitive salary/benefits
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com