- Full Time
- Rockford, IL
** Competitive Pay** **Great Benefits**
Northern Illinois Hospice is a trusted and growing agency. Founded in 1979, we were the first hospice agency in our region and one of the first 50 in the nation. We are looking for exceptional people to join our exceptional team. People who want to make a difference in the community and in the lives of others.
The end of life can be accompanied by feelings of loss and isolation, and the Northern Illinois Hospice team is dedicated to ensuring that the transition is filled with dignity, comfort, and peace. We are dedicated to doing this not only for our patients but for their families and loves ones as well.
We are seeking a dedicated Hospice LPN with a strong commitment to quality patient care. To succeed in this role, you must possess excellent clinical nursing and customer service skills. You will be responsible for the following:
- Following plan of care for assigned patients.
- Providing nursing care, education, and support to the patient/family and/or care givers.
- Promoting professional integrity.
- Participating in interdisciplinary team.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Qualifications:
- Completion of a formal Practical Nurse Program.
- Current Practical Nurse Program (LPN) license issued by the Illinois Board of Nursing required.
- Ability to work independently, make accurate, and at times, quick judgements.
- Ability to respond appropriately to crisis in a community setting. Acceptance of and adaptability to different social, racial, cultural, and religious modes
- A minimum of two (2) years of nursing experience which includes basic nursing skills with the administration of medications. Critical care and home care experience preferred.
Northern Illinois Hospice supports our employees’ wellbeing and regularly benchmarks with other companies in our industry to offer an extensive Total Reward package for this position. Salary will be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $26.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Travel reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Night shift
- On call
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- LPN (Required)
Work Location: One location