- Full Time
- Rockford, IL
Full Job Description
Are you seeking the opportunity to work for an employer that’s the leader in patient-focused, team-based hospice care and committed to creating a culture of excellence? Join the hospice that was first to provide exceptional, end of life care in our community. We are currently seeking a Hospice Liaison.
Under the direction of the Director of Patient Access, this position is responsible for the following developing and sustaining strong working relationships in the hospital and facility settings with clinicians and staff, discharge planners, as well as patients/residents and families, to increase Northern Illinois Hospice referrals and admissions. Educating key constituents on the benefits of early and appropriate referrals to Northern Illinois Hospice. Developing and executing hospital and facility marketing and education programs to increase awareness of Northern Illinois Hospice.
- Develops daily sales visit strategy to area physicians, healthcare referral professionals and facilities.
- Executes daily sales strategy.
- Achieves and adapts sales strategy based on evolving and ever-changing service needs.
- Seeks out new methods of identifying where potential patients may be and how best to serve them.
- Proficient in federal, state and local regulations for hospice care.
- Provides information and education to professionals, facilities, organizations and consumers within the community regarding services offered by Northern Illinois Hospice.
- Monitors state and federal regulations pertaining to hospice and maintains current knowledge of agency/market trends and changes to ensure compliance with required regulations.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of the community, health care facilities and referral sources appropriate for agency services.
- Creates and fosters relationships with medical providers and discharge planners to develop hospice referrals, etc.
- Develops monthly and quarterly referral growth plans in coordination with the Marketing & Community Relations Director to exceed referral goals.
- Builds and monitors community, customer, and patient perceptions of Northern Illinois Hospice as a high quality provider of services.
- Communicates daily with the admissions team to foster an environment of teamwork
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of service area and competitor’s marketing positioning.
- Represent the agency at agency and community functions as needed.
- Minimum Associates Degree in Nursing; Nursing Diploma, BSN preferred.
- Current Professional Registered Nurse license by the Illinois Board of Nursing.
- A minimum of 3 years nursing experience in a hospital or facility setting.
- Knowledge of LCD’s. Hospice or palliative care experience preferred; marketing experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of office technologies including computers, internet and intranet, Word, EXCEL, and data base management programs (e.g., electronic medical record systems (EMR).
- Valid drivers’ license, current auto insurance and access to a reliable automobile.
We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits package
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday
- Associate (Required)
- RN (Required)
- One location
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com