Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) PRN
Are you a highly skilled individual, seeking the opportunity to work for an employer that’s the leader in patient-focused, team-based hospice care and committed to creating a culture of excellence? Join the hospice that was first to provide exceptional, end of life care in our community. We are currently seeking a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) PRN.
This position is responsible for providing physical and personal care to the patient and assistance to the primary caregiver and family unit in a professional, courteous, supportive manner. Promotes professional integrity, exceptional respect, teamwork and participates in the interdisciplinary team, agency functions, meetings, and training, as required. Provides continuous care coverage as needed.
Certified Nursing Assistant Responsibilities:
- Physical care of patient and their surroundings may include bathing patient, linen changes on patient bed, preparing meals, feeding patient, and other housekeeping duties for patient as directed in Plan of Care.
- Assists patient with ambulation and transfer, assists patient with range-of-motion exercises/positioning, reinforces dressings as needed; follows infection control procedures and Standard Precautions against Bloodborne Pathogens and other duties as assigned by Case Manager or Patient Care Manager according to the C.N.A. assignment sheet.
- Assists other Hospice team members in the instruction of the primary caregiver and family, re: physical care, disease process, and emotional support of the patient.
- Attend 12 hours of in-services training each calendar year.
- Offers support and assistance to the primary caregiver and family during the course of the disease process and Hospice program involvement.
- Completes required visit reports and documentation for medical record, care plan, updates, payroll and statistics at time of visit.
- Reports any changes in the patient’s medical, nursing, rehabilitative and social needs to the Case Manager.
- May be assigned to inventory patient supplies and equipment; order and track patient supplies and equipment and ensure the supply room is clean and organized. Uses supplies/equipment judiciously.
- Moves patients in a manner consistent with safety practices which includes use of proper ergonomic lifting/moving techniques and training, in order to maintain a safe environment.
- Maintains confidentiality according to HIPAA requirements of patient and family regarding disease/diagnosis, financial and other information obtained during the course of employment.
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities.
Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A.) Education/Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Illinois State Nursing Assistant Certificate.
- One year or more nursing home or home care experience in a supervised setting preferred.
- Valid Drivers’ License, current Auto Insurance and a reliable automobile.
We offer a competitive salary/benefits.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org