- Full Time
- Rockford, IL
The Admissions RN is responsible for evaluating patients for hospice eligibility and provides timely and effective initial nursing assessments of patients (and families) admitted for hospice services. This assessment includes a thorough explanation of the Hospice philosophy, available services, and Advance Directives, obtains the appropriate consents, conducts an initial physical assessment of the major body systems and establishes the initial Plan of Care for the patient.
- Obtains referral information from admission team.
- Facilitates communication from referral coordinator to insure prompt admission to hospice program.
- Explains the hospice program of care and obtains appropriate signed consent for care from the patient/family.
- Performs clinical record review and patient assessment to ensure hospice LCD eligibility criteria guidelines are met for admission to hospice program.
- Performs admission within the required time frame after referral to insure prompt admission to the hospice program.
- Accurately completes a thorough initial assessment to identify the patient/family’s immediate needs.
- Evaluates the immediate need for supplies, equipment, services and coordinates the provision of these services.
- Accurately and completely documents patients’ condition in the EMR system according to policy, including but not limited to, Visit Reports, Care Plans, and Logs Plan of Care & IDT prep notes.
- Initiates initial plan of care in response to identified problems, concerns and needs to insure palliation of symptoms and safe, competent and continuity of care.
Admissions RN Experience Required:
- Minimum Associates Degree in Nursing; Nursing Diploma, BSN preferred.
- Current Professional Registered Nurse license issued by the Illinois Board of Nursing.
- One year of Medical/Surgical, Oncology, or Hospice Nursing experience.
- CPR Certification required. Knowledge of LCD’s required.
- CHPN preferred.
Expected Hours of Work: Three (3) Twelve (12) hour shifts covering Monday through Saturday. Monday – Friday hours: 10:00am – 10:00pm; Saturday hours: 8:30am – 8:30pm, rotating weekends. Scheduled clinical call rotation includes weekday, weeknight, and weekend hours.