A variety of hospice providers serve our community. And they’re not all the same.
Northern Illinois Hospice was the first hospice provider in our region and one of the first 50 hospices in the nation. Since 1979, we have continually added to our expertise in providing guidance, care and support that best fits our patients’ needs during life’s final months.
Here are a few reasons why Northern Illinois Hospice should be at the top of your list:
Our Commitment to Patient Choice & Control
- Patient, family, and physician remain involved with all decisions
- Care provided wherever patients call home
- Region’s most experienced provider
- All terminal diseases, all ages
- One of the first 50 hospices in the U.S.
- Staff certified in hospice and palliative care, and expertise in pain and symptom management
- Medical director is certified in hospice
- 24 hour a days, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- At least two nurses always on call during weekends and after hours
- Staff reside locally
- Services are dedicated to Winnebago, Boone, Stephenson, Ogle and western McHenry counties
Our Commitment to Quality Service
- Continual monitoring of patient and family needs and satisfaction, including patient comfort, service/support levels, and response times
- Awarded a perfect score on our 2013 Illinois Department of Public Health inspection
- Region’s best trained and largest volunteer network
- Donations ensure all patients receive the highest quality care regardless of payment source or inability to pay